Brother Dan Owusu Asiamah resign from Takoradi Church of Christ





Brother Dan Asiamah the renowned preacher of the Church of Christ has resigned from from Takoradi Church of Christ. On his Facebook page this is what he wrote



EXITING THE TAKORADI PULPIT......
I am officially announcing to all brethren that, come the ending of August 2022 I will be retiring from the TAKORADI PULPIT to do more of both domestic and international missionary work.

I have worked for the Takoradi church the last 36years and I think it's about time for even more congregations (village, urban and international) benefited from my humble ministry. I intend to visit as many congregations around the world as possible strictly by invitation... to fulfill my ministry.
Please, mark your calendar. On Sunday September 4th the Takoradi church invites all of you who can make it to join us after the worship to have a colorful retirement ceremony. I have requested for a very simple one.

Please, I have not said am quitting preaching. I am only going to quit being the pulpit Minister for the Takoradi church. It has been part of my overall plan for world evangelism all these years.

When I became the Preacher for the Takoradi church in 1986 the membership then stood at 140. Today, by the grace of the Lord, on record we are almost 2,000. Amongst the churches of Christ today We are known to be very strong in Evangelism and Benevolence worldwide. We operate a Free Bible College to train men for preaching. We have TV and Radio programs around the world. More than 600 preaching/teaching videos can be found on YouTube. The Lord has been good.

Once again, I decided to do this to remind all our senior preachers that we must give way to the younger ones to work in our congregations to gain more experiences to preserve the church for generations yet unborn. In the New Testament the early church experienced such rapid growth as a result of the many travelings of experienced preachers like Peter,John,Paul etc. This I want to emulate.
Preachers should not leave congregations because of fights and contentions but rather in peace. My relationship with Takoradi shall continue to be intact. What I do in the areas of TV program and Bible College shall continue for now.
I know many in the Takoradi church are broken-hearted. This was seen at the first announcement when both men and women broke down in tears. However, sooner or later wisdom will be justified by her children. Many of our churches are in need and we need to revive ourselves. As a rule, I love to be a paradigm pioneer.
The churches of Christ salute you!
God bless,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancel Teachers and Nursing Training Allowance - University Professor

NPP Boycotts TV3 Morning Show ( NewDay)